Joining VASC is easy and affordable! The Virginia Alliance for School Counseling (VASC) is dedicated to meeting the needs of Virginia counselors working with children and adolescents in a variety of work settings. It is a dynamic and active organization growing exponentially since becoming a part of the Virginia Counselors Association (VCA) in fall 2012. VASC’s mission is to provide professional development, advocacy, and outreach throughout the state and to ensure that VASC members have the tools and opportunities to provide the best counseling practices when working with young people.
By joining VASC, you become a part of the VCA community that serves all disciplines of counseling, including school counseling. Your interest and involvement is essential to the collective strength of VASC and provides you with professional development and networking opportunities.
Benefits of joining VCA/VASC also include:
- Access to VASC’s blog and resource forum on the newly revamped website: http://www.vca-vasc.org/
- The Virginia Counselors Journal & The Virginia Counselor, both national award winning publications are available to members only and are also posted on-line
- Annual Convention: November 20-22 at the Williamsburg Lodge with Keynote Speaker and Motivational Humorist James Loyd
- Reduced member registration fee for Professional Development Workshops
- Continuing Education & NBCC credit certificates as a State-approved provider and the State Branch of the American Counseling Association
- Legislative and Advocacy representation; legislative monitoring at the State and National levels; and one-hour of free legal consultation annually
- Discounted Professional Liability and Long-term Disability Insurance
The cost of joining VASC once a VCA member is $10 for professional and regular members and $5 for students, retired members, and new professional members. Please visit the VCA website at https://vca.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp to join today!
It is my pleasure to welcome you as a member!
VASC President 2014-2015